Marylyn's Testimony


“Although I am happy to serve all of my scholars, I must acknowledge that my current  caseload leaves me unable to support my scholars in the ways that they deserve. My full caseload means that my meetings with scholars usually feel scripted and rushed.”

Marylyn Rogel, Program Coordinator

My name is Marylyn Rogel and I have been at One Million Degrees for six and a half months. This year, I have a full caseload of 65 students. Although I am happy to serve all of my scholars, I must acknowledge that my current  caseload leaves me unable to support my scholars in the ways that they deserve. My full caseload means that my meetings with scholars usually feel scripted and rushed. This is not to mention that there are times when students have emergencies that are not anticipated.

A caseload cap would mean that the OMD program coordinators will have more opportunities for relationship building with scholars. We will also be able to identify scholar needs and provide more individualized support.

Please consider signing our petition to support UWOMD's campaign for a fair contract and caseload: bit.ly/UWOMDcaseloadcap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Melanie's Testimony

Precious' Testimony

Liz's Testimony